Brief policy overview
Your privacy is very important to Bright Star Kids. To make sure your privacy is kept as secure as possible we only keep some of your details on file, which are stored securely in your account area to make it easy for you when you shop again. We do not keep any of your payment information on our site.
DETAILED Policy Information
In relation to the Web sites: www.brightstarkids.com.au and any other web sites that is owned and operated by Bright Star Kids Pty. Ltd.
This is an Australian Web Site and takes all reasonable care to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to the personal information you supply on the Site.
Bright Star Kids may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 10th March 2011.
What we collect
We may collect and store the following information:
- Full name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interest
- Purchase history
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- With your consent, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all marketing emails
- We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
Surveys and User Groups
We always aim to improve the services we offer. As a result we occasionally canvas our customers using surveys. Participation in surveys is voluntary, and you are under no obligation to reply to any survey you might receive from us. Should you choose to do so, we will treat the information you provide with the same high standard of care as all other customer information.
Your participation on our Site may mean that we occasionally contact you with the opportunity to enter competitions. Entry to competitions is voluntary, and you are under no obligation to take up an invitation from us to enter. Should you choose to enter a competition, we will treat the information you provide with the same high standard of care as all other customer information, and use the information provided strictly within the entry terms of the competition and this Privacy Statement.
Refer/Email a Friend
We may from time to time operate an “Refer/Email a friend” service. This is a referral service, designed to make it easy for customers to recommend our Site and related Web sites or offers to a friend, and is a two-step process. First, a customer sends us the friend’s name and email address, and secondly, we contact the friend, telling them who we are, and inviting them to take advantage of a particular offer, or to visit our Web site. When we contact your friend, we always advise them of the name and email address of the friend who made the original referral. We will not use your friend’s details for any other purpose.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us using the below details.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or your dealings with Bright Star Kids, you can contact:
Within Australia: 1300 668 997
International: + 61 2 4231 7520
Within Australia: (02) 4210 8665
International: +61 2 4210 8665
Write to us at:
Bright Star Kids, PO Box 1179, Wollongong, NSW 2500, Australia
ABN: 64 945 649 597