Fathers Day Message: What To Write for Dad
Fathers Day,Personalised Father's Day Gift Ideas,father's day card,father's day printables
Fathers Day Message for Every Kind of Dad
Writing a Fathers Day message in a greeting card can be really tricky… There’s so much to say and so little space to write!
But never fear, we’re here to help. Here’s a list of messages you can write on your Father’s Day Cards. There’s a little something here for every type of Dad.
Download our free Fathers Day Message Printable found at the bottom of this page.
Good Fathers Day Messages for Dad
- “Dad, you are my hero and my role model. Thanks for being here for me and being a great example.”
- “Happy Father’s Day! You’re not just my father, but one of my closest friends.”
- “You’re my one and only dad, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “You will never go out of style. Happy Father’s day to the coolest dad ever.”
- “The older I get the more I realize how important it is to have a dad like you. You have provided stability in my life and the love and acceptance I needed. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Thank you for being there every day with just the love and guidance I’ve needed. Everything you’ve taught me has stuck with me and I’m lucky to have a dad like you.”
- “Dad, you have given me the best things in life: Your time, your care, and your love. I am truly grateful to have you in my life. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “There’s no possible way I could pay you back for all that you have done for me growing up, but I greatly appreciate all your hard work raising me. I wouldn’t be who I am today without you.”
- “It’s that time of year again when everyone tries to tell themselves that they had the best dad in the world. I really did have the best dad in the world, so they can’t be right.”
For Your Husband Or Partner
Let your husband, partner, and the father of your children know how special he is with a sentimental message of appreciation. Use these examples as inspiration:
- “Thank you for all the ways you go above and beyond every day for our family. The kids and I are so lucky to have you.”
- “I’m so grateful to be sharing life, love, and parenthood with a wonderful man like you.”
- “I can’t imagine anyone who’s a better father or more loving husband than you.”
- “You give our children someone to admire, respect, and honour. You are a fantastic dad. Happy Father’s Day to my loving husband.”
- “You are so full of compassion, love, and strength. When we need a strong hand of support in our family, you are always there. I love you for being who you are and for all that you do. Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful husband!”
- “We are so lucky to have you in our lives. I am so proud of the father you’ve become and the wonderful husband you are. Happy Father’s Day, my love!”
- “Thanks for being a loving father to our children and always being there for us when we need you the most. I couldn’t have asked for a better partner in life. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “One day is not enough to honour how special of a father you truly are because you are amazing every day of the year. Thank you for all that you do. I love you!”
For A Father-Like Figure
If you’ve had an influential mentor or father-figure in your life, you can write them a message about how thankful you are for their role in your life. Use these examples to inspire your words:
- “A father is someone who cares and helps and guides you (shared DNA not required).”
- “I hope it doesn’t come as a surprise that I’m thinking of you today. After all, you’ve cared about me almost like a father.”
- “Having you in my life has made all the difference in the world to me. You’ve influenced me so much throughout the years.”
- “As time goes on, our relationship only gets stronger and stronger. Thanks for being an amazing mentor in my life.”
- “I learn more from you each and every year. Thank you for being such a loving individual and playing an important role in my life.”
General Happy Fathers Day Message
The following happy Father’s Day messages work for almost any relationship with a father figure. Pick your favourite from the messages below or use one to inspire a special sentiment all your own.
- “So glad we’ve shared such fun times together, I deeply admire the good man and wonderful father you are.”
- “Everyone needs a father figure while they are growing up and I was lucky enough to have the real thing. Thank you for always being there for me.”
- “Dad, you have been one of my greatest influences in life. You taught me many things, but most importantly: I should never stop learning.”
- “Dad, you’re my hero and role model. Thanks for being there for me and being a great example.”
- “You brought me into the world, watched out for me, taught me, laughed with me, and spent a lot of time with me. Thank you for being the best dad I could ask for.”
- “For all the wonderful things you do that I might not always notice, thank you.”
More Fathers Day Messages:
- Dad, you’re still the first person I think of when I have a question or just need some good advice. Thank you for always being there for me.
- Thank you for being there every day with love and guidance.
- Dad, you have given me the best things in life: Your time, your care, and your love. I am truly grateful to have you in my life. Happy Father’s Day!
- Although time and distance may separate us, your guidance, advice, and love have stuck with me through it all. I would not be who I am today without you. Enjoy your special day.
- I’m so proud to be your daughter/son.
- You’re my one and only dad, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you. Happy Father’s Day!
- Dad, you’re in all my favourite memories.
- Happy Father’s Day to my hero and role model.
- The older I get, the more I realize how important it is to have a dad like you.
- Dads and daughters don’t always see eye to eye, but always heart to heart.
- I’m not perfect and neither are you, but I do think you’re the perfect dad for me.
- Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.
- Happy Father’s Day to the world’s greatest dad from the world’s greatest kids.
- Dad, you may not know everything, but you sure had me fooled for quite a while.
- I wouldn’t trade you for anything, Dad. I mean, nobody’s offered me anything, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t!
- World’s greatest farter … I mean father.
- “Dads are most ordinary men who are turned by love into the biggest hero, adventurers, storyteller and singer of songs.” —Pam Brown
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” —Unknown
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” —Tim Russert
- “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” —Unknown
Want More Fathers Day Message Printables?
Here’s a DIY Father’s Day Card that your kids will love making for their Dad. We’ve also got some Father’s Day Meal Ideas and Father’s Day Cake and Sweet Ideas that are perfect for helping to make Dad the yummiest treats for Father’s Day.
Have More Cool Fathers Day Message and Ideas?
Share them with us by tagging us on Facebook or Instagram, and who knows, we might just feature them in one of our blogs.
Thinking Of A Perfect Gift for Father’s Day?
Let the kids spoil Dad & Grandpa this year with our shirts, beer labels, and stubby holders. You can customise them with your special Father’s Day Message or even short dad quotes. The best part? They’re are all made in Australia and shipped super fast! He’s going to love them!
Having Trouble Downloading?
This can happen if you have an ad-blocker installed, please disable the blocker on this page so that the printable can open in a new window for you to download. If you’re still having issues, please contact email@example.com and our friendly customer service team can help!
DOWNLOAD FREE PRINTABLES